Back-End Developer (Mid-Level & Senior)
As a small, tight-knit team, we are conceptualizing, designing, and developing outstanding digital products for all devices. We don’t use technology for the sake of using it. We strive to solve problems and create unique experiences. We are curious, love exploring and pushing ourselves, and are looking for a similar mindset in you.
As a back-end developer in the okay bueno team, you will be contributing to create strong and resilient backend applications that provide a wide range of services, from web applications, to mobile apps via APIs, to voice interfaces, to internal applications. You will be involved at different stages of the product development cycle –from ideation to launching it, and further iterations– and you are expected to actively contribute on the creation and maintenance of the back-end services that power some of the products that we operate – from data modelling to API services.
We pride ourselves in not having any Project or Account Managers – our creative teams manage themselves and lead communication with our partners.
- You are fluent PHP – especially with Laravel.
- You have proven experience modelling data on relational database such as MySQL or PostgreSQL. Bonus: Experience with non-relational databases.
- Automated testing is part of the development process for you.
- You have enough production experience on AWS (SES, S3, etc).
- You understand the role of technology within digital products.
- You think logically, understand systemic approaches, and find simple solutions for complex challenges.
- You are self-motivated, organised, understand requirements and can plan efforts and prioritise accordingly.
- You are fun to work with and communicate efficiently and fluently in English.
- You are curious by default. You have the constant urge to create, improve, and experiment.
We are a fully remote company and are not planning to come back to the office. We accept applications from within CET±2.
📚 Educational budget
We understand that people develop in different ways, so we have an annual budget of €1.200 for personal growth.
🏝 4 day work week & Holidays
Our goal is to fully operate on a 4 day work week (M-T) starting from 2023, so we grant all new team members the option to already choose the 4 day work with 20 holidays per year.
🏙 Yearly team retreat
Every year we go and check out a new city and learn about the culture.
🚫 No bullshit meetings
Every meeting that happens needs to have a defined purpose or we don’t do it.
💸 Competitive salary
Your salary depends on your current level and your choices regarding a four day or five day work week.
🌍 International team
We welcome different cultural backgrounds and especially encourage applications from underrepresented groups. You'll be most likely working with:
Partner Technology & Strategy
Write us a few words about yourself – what drives you, what are you keen to learn and why would you want to work with us.
If you write us, write us honestly. We want to know who you are as a person. Be personal. No need to name-drop or pimp your CV. We don't care about elite schools or what you look like either. We value talent, motivation, and dedication higher than experience and previous employers.
Other companies may tell you about their strict hiring process, but we don't "trust the process" – we don't even have one. Send us an email at email@example.com, don't forget your portfolio and/or list of projects you were involved, and we'll make sure to check your application within 72 hours.