Senior Product Engineer
As a small, tight-knit team, we are conceptualizing, designing, and developing outstanding digital products for all devices – for our partners as well as for our own product portfolio – and looking for a Senior Product Engineer to join the gang.
In your role, you will be a contributing part of the whole product lifecycle, from conceptualizing products and features to releasing them, while leading the development efforts. While we are mostly working on Web & Mobile Applications we love to branch out into the field of digital experiments, eCommerce, and Digital Branding. We pride ourselves in not having any Project or Account Managers – our project teams manage themselves.
We are curious, love exploring and pushing ourselves, and are looking for a similar mindset in the ideal candidate for this role.
- You like to build things and solve problems – independently and collaboratively within a strong small team
- Experience in Backend Development, ideally based on PHP & MySQL, as well as DevOps, and are keen to learn more
- Proven track record of developing production projects
- Strong understanding of the digital ecosystem and what defines good digital products
- You communicate clearly – at least in English, ideally also in German
- You focus on the results, not on the technology used
- You find simple solutions and tame complexities
- You can quickly evaluate options and make decisions based on project requirements
- You think efficiently about solutions, yet never forget about the big picture
💻 Remote friendly
We are open to remote and hybrid-remote way of working. You should live within CET±2 though.
📚 Educational budget
We understand that people develop in different ways, so we have an annual budget of €1.200 for you to buy books, classes, etc.
We grant all employees 26 days of holidays.
🏙 Team retreat
Every year we go and check out a new city and learn about the culture. This is on hold for now. Thanks, Covid-19.
🚫 No bullshit meetings
Every meeting that happens needs to have a defined purpose or we don’t do it.
🌍 International team
Even as a small team, we come from 5 different countries. You'll be most likely working with:
Partner Technology & Strategy
Write us a few words about yourself – what drives you, what are you keen to learn and why would you want to work with us.
We are a funny bunch, so there's no need for big word talk. We don't care what you look like or where you went to school. What we care about is who you are as a person.
We don't "trust the process" – we don't even have one. High up on our agenda is to not work with assholes. We'll jump on a call to have a chat, figure out if we get along and give you the chance to tell us a little bit more about the products you have worked on and what you believe in.
Of course, before we do that, please send us an email on firstname.lastname@example.org and include a list of projects we should check as a reference too.